Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lousy day in Iceland, incredible waterfall

My second full day in Iceland has been good and bad. It's so foggy that at times you can't see more than a couple hundred yards. Still, it's beautiful. Yesterday, was incredible, but I will have to report later because it is proving very hard to find internet access and even time to write. Right now I am in Vik, population 300, at the Hotel Lundi, which has free WiFi. So I am catching up. For the next four days I'll be traveling Highway 1 counter clockwise.

I have taken many photos and some video and when I get time will post it. But for now, here is a short video I shot earlier today (Tuesday) at a spectacular waterfall along Highway 1, about 20 miles or so west of Vik.

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing place, Chuck. I was lucky to spend 4 days in Reykjavic during the 2007 Josh Groban tour, and even had time to take a whale-watching excursion, which was big fun.

    The only countryside we saw in Iceland was the drive to/from the airport. It looked like the surface of another planet.

    Love your newsletter.

    BD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. We moderate all comments so yours may not appear immediately.