Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day Three: A quick report

Just a brief note for now. Internet access is hard to come by. I just paid $4 for 20 minutes at a public computer to catch up. Kathy and I just returned from a hike to the base of a magnificent glacier. In a few minutes we´ll hit the road. Nothing but small towns for the next day -- a gas station and maybe a few farms and houses. But the sun is peeking out today and the temperature is mild.

It was an incredible feeling this morning to wake up, look out my window and see a glacier. Our little campervan from Happy Campers is working out great. Small enough to go anywhere, but it has the basics for living. Actually, there are many RVs roaming the country, most class C´s about 20 to 22 feet. I have seen many trailers (caravans) parked by homes, but most RVs on the road now at the tail end of the tourist season, are motorhomes.

I hope to have a WiFi connection tonight (Thursday) and will post some photos. But it looks now that I will probably be home before I can post most of my photos, video and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. We moderate all comments so yours may not appear immediately.